Why is it important to put patio furniture away?
Patio furniture is a valuable investment that can enhance your outdoor living space. However, leaving it exposed to harsh weather conditions can cause damage and reduce its lifespan. Knowing when to put your patio furniture away is crucial to ensure its longevity and keep it looking its best.
What are the signs that it's time to put patio furniture away?
There are a few indicators that it's time to pack up your patio furniture:
- Approaching winter season: If you live in an area with cold winters, it's best to put your patio furniture away before the first frost.
- Inclement weather: If a storm or heavy rain is forecasted, it's a good idea to protect your furniture from potential damage.
- Extended periods of non-use: If you won't be using your patio furniture for an extended period, such as during a vacation or the off-season, it's best to store it away.
How should you prepare your patio furniture for storage?
Before putting your patio furniture away, it's important to properly prepare it:
- Clean and dry: Thoroughly clean your furniture and allow it to dry completely to prevent mold and mildew growth.
- Remove cushions: If your furniture has cushions, remove them and store them in a dry place.
- Disassemble if necessary: Some furniture pieces may need to be disassembled for easier storage. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for disassembly.
- Cover or store indoors: Use furniture covers or store your furniture indoors, such as in a garage or shed, to protect it from the elements.
Why choose POLYWOOD® Patio Furniture?
When comparing traditional patio furniture to POLYWOOD® Patio Furniture, there are several advantages to consider:
- All-weather durability: POLYWOOD® furniture is designed to withstand all types of weather conditions, making it suitable for year-round use.
- Low maintenance: Unlike traditional furniture, POLYWOOD® furniture doesn't require staining, painting, or sealing. It's easy to clean with just soap and water.
- Eco-friendly: POLYWOOD® furniture is made from recycled plastic, reducing the demand for new materials and minimizing environmental impact.
- Long-lasting: POLYWOOD® furniture is built to last, with UV inhibitors that prevent fading and a sturdy construction that can withstand heavy use.
Knowing when to put your patio furniture away is essential for its protection and longevity. By following the signs and properly preparing your furniture for storage, you can ensure that it stays in great condition for years to come. Consider investing in POLYWOOD® Patio Furniture for a durable and low-maintenance option that can be enjoyed all year long.